Desktop Image: Butler, Diane
Mobile Image: Butler, Diane
Diane's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Lingle, Wyo.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Non-U.S. workers, especially, H-2A agricultural visas.
What was your favorite food as a kid?
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
Professional accordion player (but I need a lot of practice!).
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
Being a farm girl, I love the nurturing quality of agriculture.
What book or song inspires you the most, and why?
I like jazz overall because its enchanting melodies are transformed into something new by improvisation (kind of like the law).
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
The Mediterranean coast. Fresh sun-ripened fruits and vegetables, seafood, olive oil, and wine.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 1992
B.A., Communications, University of Wyoming, 1983, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Diversity Ambassador, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2018-present
- Education Policy Advisory Committee, Greater Seattle Partners (formerly, Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle), 2018-present
- Chair, Immigration Committee, Association of Washington Business, 2016-present
- Immigrant Voting Rights Task Force, City of Seattle, 2013-2015
- Economic Development Council of Seattle and King County, Brookings Institute, Foreign Direct Investment Steering Committee and Export Development Steering Committee, 2014-present
- Pro Bono Services, Medical Legal Partnership, 2014-present
- Advisory Committee, Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle, 2005-present
- Board of Directors, Gage Academy of Art, 2015-present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association:
- Director, Board of Governors, 2011-present
- Business and Administration Litigation Taskforce. 2017-present
- Distance Learning Committee, 2014-2015
- Students and Scholars Committee, 2013-2014
- Department of Homeland Security Transformation Committee, 2011-2014
- Chair, Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection Committee, 2005-2008
- Executive Committee, Washington Chapter, 2002-2004
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Immigration (Washington), 2008-2022; Received "Band 1" ranking, 2019-2022
- AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Immigration by Best Lawyers, 2013-2017
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers" in Immigration, Thomson Reuters, 2012-2013, 2018-2021
- Recommended by Who’s Who Legal in Corporate Immigration, 2012
- Named as a "Top Business Lawyer" in Immigration, Seattle Business magazine, 2008
- Named as a "Top Lawyer" by her peers in Seattle Magazine, 2005
- Shareholder, Lane Powell, Seattle, 1998-2017
- Associate, Bogle & Gates, Seattle, 1994-1998
- Associate, Tousley Brain, Seattle, 1993-1994
- Law Clerk, Norton Rose (formerly Bull, Housser & Tupper), Shanghai, China, 1988-1989
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.