Steven Caplow handles arbitration, complex commercial litigation, appeals, and aircraft transactions. He has broad experience in matters involving supply chains, insurance, contracts, business torts, real estate, securities, intellectual property, and employment.
He serves as principal outside counsel to ATREG, Inc., an advisory firm for advanced technology manufacturing assets.
Steven represents a major aircraft engine manufacturer, and airlines based in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
He conducts arbitrations under AAA, JDR, JAMs, and WIPO rules, is a FINRA dispute resolution arbitrator, and regularly publishes articles in the London-based journal, Arbitration.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Garnishment and Other Insolvency
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1990, with honors
B.A., History, Carleton College, 1983, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board of Trustees, The Bush School
- Vice President, Executive Committee Member, Board Member – Seattle United FC
- Past President, KCBA Aviation Law Section
- Past Board and Executive Committee Member, Seattle Arts and Lectures
- Past Board Member, New Discovery School
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers, 2020-present
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers" in Business Litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2012-2022
- Awarded AV Premier rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Top Lawyers, Seattle Met Magazine, 2011-present
- Avvo rated
- Senior Commercial Litigation Attorney, Bogle & Gates PLLC, Seattle