Jack Chang focuses his practice on intellectual property matters. He has experience drafting patent applications and responding to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office actions. Additionally, Jack has provided litigation support by conducting research and analysis on various areas of law, including trademark, copyright, employment, and mergers and acquisitions. He has a desire to accomplish client goals through teamwork and effective communication.
Specifically, Jack has experience drafting and prosecuting patent cases related to cloud computing, software, graphics, wireless communication, RF, electro- and electromechanical devices, substrate cleaning apparatuses, GPS tracking devices, e-commerce, and drone technology in the U.S. and foreign countries. He has also drafted patent applications related to drone technology involving the enhancement of photos captured by a drone, as well as updating, in real time, a geographical map based on the images captured by a drone.
Jack has a genuine interest in his clients' work, which allows him to develop the insight and diligence necessary to achieve efficient solutions.
Represented, drafted, and prosecuted more than 300 patent cases ranging from sole investors to Fortune 100 companies.
Trademark filing and litigation
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2014
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, 2010
B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 2008
- Dean's List
Memberships & Affiliations
- Intellectual Property Section Chair, King County Bar Association (KCBA), 2019-present
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), 2016-present
- Washington State Patent Law Association, 2016-present
- Seattle Intellectual Property Inn of Court, 2013-2014
- Pro Bono Volunteer, King County Bar Association Family Law Program, 2016-2017
- Volunteer, Make-A-Wish Foundation, 2013-2015
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Intellectual Property Litigation and in Patent Law (Seattle) by Best Lawyers, 2021, 2022; Entertainment and Sports Law in 2022
- Associate, Baker & Hostetler, Seattle, 2014-2017
- Legal Intern, Patent Group, Amazon.com, Seattle, 2013-2014
- Legal Extern, F5 Networks, Seattle, 2013
- Legal Extern, Red Hat Society, Inc., Fullerton, Calif., 2012
- Summer Technical Writer Intern, Lee & Hayes, Seattle, 2007