Evan Coppotelli provides legal services in connection with the development, production, and distribution of film, television, and digital new media projects. He has represented clients ranging from independent producers, production companies, and distribution companies, to screenwriters, authors, and visual artists.
His practice includes counseling clients throughout the development process (e.g., with respect to chain of title and rights analyses and acquisition of underlying rights), providing production legal services, working routinely with the entertainment guilds, and advising on clearance, copyright, and other day-to-day issues which arise throughout development and production. He is experienced in structuring, drafting and negotiating shopping/attachment agreements, option/purchase agreements, writer agreements, talent agreements, and production services agreements.
Evan is also experienced in licensing and distribution matters, including with respect to the acquisition of narrative and documentary films, and the licensing of rights in such films to sub-distributors and major networks, streaming platforms, VOD/EST and ancillary rights licensees.
Admitted to Practice
New York, 2016
J.D., UCLA School of Law, 2014
- Entertainment, Media and Intellectual Property Specialization
- Chief Business Manager, Entertainment Law Review
- Dean's Award, Best Performance in Law and Practice with Hollywood Guilds
B.F.A., Film and Television Production, New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, 2010
- Dean's List
- National Honor Society
- Outstanding Cinematography Award, NYU First Run Festival
Memberships & Affiliations
- California Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Associate, Dembitzer & Dembitzer LLP, New York, 2018-2021
- Business Affairs Manager, Gunpowder & Sky, New York, 2017-2018
- Paralegal, Sloss Eckhouse Dasti Haynes LawCo LLP, New York, 2014-2017
- Development Internship, DIGA Studios, New York, 2013
- Intern, Hon. Anthony I. Giacobbe, Supreme Court of Richmond County, New York, 2012