Robert J. Driscoll
Rob Driscoll helps clients in the media, advertising, entertainment and technology fields efficiently address the legal issues that impact them so they can focus on achieving their business and creative objectives. Drawing on a deep understanding of his clients’ businesses, Rob guides the companies he works with through a wide range of transactions and advises them on all manner of complex legal and regulatory issues.
Rob has represented digital publishers and content distribution companies, advertising agencies and advertisers, podcasters, audiobook producers and distributors, television producers and networks, book and periodical publishers, theatrical producers and e-commerce companies. He regularly handles entertainment production and financing transactions, branded entertainment projects, music licenses, and matters involving emerging media and technologies, as well as an array of agreements with service providers and other commercial transactions. Rob also advises clients in a variety of fields on all aspects of advertising, marketing and promotions law and has an active intellectual property counseling and transactions practice. He is a frequent speaker on entertainment, advertising, and intellectual property issues.
Entertainment and media
Advertising and marketing
Admitted to Practice
New York, 1997
J.D., Columbia Law School, 1996
A.B., Philosophy, Brown University, 1992
Memberships & Affiliations
- 4A’s Legal Consultation Program, 2000-present
- New York State Bar Association – Committee on Literary Works and Related Rights, 2003-2005; Committee on Theatre and Performing Arts, 2003-2005
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York – Copyright Committee, 2002-2003
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Advertising Law by Best Lawyers, 2023
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (Nationwide), 2021-2022; Named a "Recognised Practitioner" in Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (Nationwide), 2016-2019