As a former military pilot with more than 100 combat missions, Brent knows that attention to detail can be the difference between mission success and failure. After leaving the military, Brent worked with airline pilots at a major carrier to identify and correct common pilot errors--helping prevent mishaps before they occurred. He brings an eye for details when identifying problems and crafting creative solutions to client problems, no matter how big or small.
Brent handles a variety of issues related to the acquisition and development of real property—from drafting and negotiating definitive and ancillary documents for the lease, purchase, and sale of real property to advising clients on a variety of zoning and permitting requirements related to project development. Brent is quickly becoming an expert on a range of land use and development issues, including zoning and permitting requirements, development agreements, and Washington’s Growth Management Act (GMA) and State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA).
Purchase and Sale Transactions
Master Planned Developments
Represents clients across a variety of Western Washington municipalities facing administrative action resulting from purported violations of local land use and zoning codes, including actions for permit violations, improper expansions of non-conforming uses, and other violations of local codes.Assists private and municipal corporate clients obtain project entitlements for residential, commercial, and essential public facility development projects throughout the State of Washington.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2018
- Articles Editor, Washington Law Review
M.P.S., Political Management, The George Washington University, 2015
B.S., History, United States Air Force Academy, 2005
- Dean's List
- Commandant’s List
Memberships & Affiliations
- Loren Miller Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Received the "Julie Orr Heart of Justice Award," Davis Wright Tremaine, 2020
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Richard A. Jones, United States District Court, Seattle, 2018
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2017
- 1L Diversity Fellow, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2016
- C-17A Instructor Pilot, Executive Officer, Flight Safety Officer – United States Air Force, 2005-2014