Desktop Image: Jane Eckel
Mobile Image: Jane Eckel
Jane Eckels helps clients procure, develop, and launch new technology products and services. In her practice, she focuses on helping clients negotiate and draft agreements for cloud, e-commerce, healthcare, content, data and other software, hardware, and internet technologies and services. Jane also supports companies in the full product lifecycle, from conception and development of new products and services, to marketing and distribution of new offerings through multiple channels. She further works with healthcare providers and technology vendors with regard to innovative health technology initiatives and advises on the interface of technology and healthcare regulatory issues. Jane regularly assists clients on complex technology and commercial transactions and has extensive experience advising on, structuring, and negotiating deals with practical solutions for real-world concerns.
Represented cloud service providers in support of various cloud service offerings, including transactional representation on in-bound licensing, analysis of legal issues in commercialization, and deployment of new offerings and strategic advice.
Licensing technology, data, and content
Drafted and negotiated licensing agreements for wide array of technology, data, and intellectual property types, including software, hardware, data, content, internet technologies, trademarks, and branding. Experience includes development of template agreements and high-value, negotiated transactions.
Health information and technology
Represented healthcare providers, health technology vendors, and others on health information and technology matters to acquire, develop, and launch innovative products and services, including data- and technology-sharing arrangements.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1997, cum laude
- Note Editor, Michigan Law Review
A.B., French, Dartmouth College, 1994, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Health Information Technology Group, American Health Lawyers Association
- Legal Aspects of the Enterprise Task Force, Health Information Management Systems Society
- Adjunct Faculty, Seattle University Arts Legal Clinic, 1999-2006
- Volunteer Attorney, Washington Lawyers for the Arts, 1999-2006
- President, Earshot Jazz Society Board, 2001-2006
- Volunteer Attorney, Northwest Immigrants' Rights Project, 1997-2003
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Technology Law and Litigation - Intellectual Property Law by Best Lawyers, 2017-present
- Selected to “Washington Rising Stars,” Thomson Reuters, 2002-2008
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.