Jason Farber focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other business transactions.
He is chair of the Healthcare M&A group, which assists business leaders in transactions that are transforming the healthcare industry, such as hospital mergers and affiliations, private equity-backed management services organization (MSO) restructurings of medical groups, ambulatory surgery joint ventures, and transactions in healthcare technology.
Jason also has a broad-based M&A practice in emerging industries such as digital media and mobile content and services, as well as manufacturing and distribution. He has particular experience with private equity, auction processes, profit-nonprofit transactions and directors' duties in transactions. He also is a frequent speaker on topics related to mergers and acquisitions.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Boston College Law School, 1993, cum laude
- Order of the Coif
B.A., English, Trinity College, 1990, with honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Corporate Act Revision Committee, Washington State Bar Association, 2014-present
- Partnership and LLC Law Committee, Washington State Bar Association, 2006-present
- Board and Audit Committee Member, Washington Vaccine Association
- Former President, Mercer Island Boys & Girls Club
- American Bar Association, 1993-present
- Former Co-Chair, Healthcare Law Practice, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Healthcare (Washington), 2021-2022
- The 2020 annual “H. Stewart Tremaine Award” for superb ability to collaborate with others with the highest quality of legal representation, Davis Wright Tremaine
- "Best Lawyers in America" in Mergers & Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers, 2010-present
- "Washington Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2003-2006, 2008