As a trusted advisor and director of DWT's practice management department, Tanea Davis Foglia helps leadership assess and execute firmwide priorities. She and her team work alongside stakeholders on fulfilling strategic initiatives, facilitating practice group productivity, growing efficiency and profitability, delivering exceptional client service, and identifying new professional development opportunities. As the primary business operations leads, Tanea and the practice management team "de-lawyer" administrative and business development processes, allowing DWT's attorneys to focus on delivering exceptional client service and growing their practices.
Tanea has over 20 years of management and business development experience in AmLaw 100 firms, professional services firms, and not-for-profits. Prior to joining DWT, she served as a consultant where she proactively identified organizational issues and solutions, drove priorities, created business/marketing plans, and designed operational processes. While working at a not-for-profit, Tanea advised senior management and stakeholders on compliance issues; oversaw a $2.2 billion fund; developed, implemented and managed strategic communications plans; and spearheaded complex projects.
Tanea further serves on DWT's Project W leadership team as the Director of the Tech Equity Hub, on the firmwide Client DEI Engagement Committee, and as the executive liaison for the Staff of Color ERG.
M.B.A., University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, 2020
M.A., Corporate and Nonprofit Communication, Johns Hopkins University, 2011
B.A., International Studies, American University, 2008
Memberships & Affiliations
- Association of Legal Administrators, 2020-present
- Girls Scouts of Nation's Capital, 2016-present
- Girls on the Run Montgomery County, 2021-present
- President, 2020-2021; Vice President of Fundraising (2018-2020) – Rock Creek Forest Elementary School PTA
- Manager, Regulatory Affairs, JSI, Greenbelt, Md., 2012-2016
- Manager, Outreach, Reporting & Audits, Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), Washington, D.C., 2002-2012
- Administrative Assistant, American University Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., 2001-2002