Sarah Gillstrom is a seasoned litigator and a partner in the firm's Real Property group. She is well-regarded in the Anchorage legal market, focusing on real estate transactions and construction.
Sarah handles all legal aspects of property development and ownership, including acquisitions, financing, engineering, procurement, occupancy, leasing, construction, and sales. She represents owners, developers, contractors, investors, banks, and purchasers in litigation and other matters.
Sarah is a proven leader in a team-oriented office where her colleagues' practices, focused on energy law and government contracts, work hand in hand with hers. She has 15 years' experience in all phases of litigation in both federal and state courts.
Her transactions and litigation background also includes taking on issues of contract disputes, product and premises liability, negligence, sale of assets, and business formation across a broad range of sectors, from housing to education, seafood, healthcare, hospitality, telecommunications, transportation, public utilities, banking, mining, oil and gas, and government projects.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court District of Alaska
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, 2008, cum laude
- Minnesota Law Review: Managing Editor, 2007-2008; Staff Member, 2006-2007
- Research Assistant (Antitrust & Complex Litigation) for Provost E. Thomas Sullivan, 2007-2008
B.S., Finance, DePaul University, 2002, cum laude
Executive Leadership Program, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, 2022
Memberships & Affiliations
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Partner, Perkins Coie LLP, Anchorage, Alaska, 2019-2022
- Counsel, Perkins Coie LLP, Anchorage, Alaska, 2016-2018
- Associate, Perkins Coie LLP, Anchorage, Alaska, 2013-2015
- Associate, Lynch & Associates, Anchorage, Alaska, 2010-2013
- Law Clerk, Judge Peter A. Michalski (Retired), Superior Court of Alaska, Anchorage, 2008-2009
- Law Clerk, Regulatory Strategy, Ameriprise Financial, Minneapolis, 2007
- Summer Intern, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Denver, 2006
- Legal Assistant, Mass Torts, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Chicago, 2002-2005