Desktop Image: Giseburt, Dirk
Mobile Image: Giseburt, Dirk
Dirk Giseburt is a tax law attorney representing a diverse clientele in industries such as healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, forestry, food distribution, and nonprofits. He litigates state and local tax assessments, refund claims and exemptions at the trial and appellate levels and in state and municipal administrative appeals, seeking to ensure lawful administration of state and local tax systems. Dirk also advises clients concerning structuring transactions and ongoing business operations to control state and local excise taxes.
Dirk also represents donors in conservation easement transactions.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1983
- Editor, Harvard Law Review
A.B., History, Princeton University, 1978, magna cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Co-chair, SALT Subcommittee on Ethics, Tax Section, American Bar Association, 2019-present
- Co-chair, SALT Task Force on Retroactive Tax Laws, Tax Section, American Bar Association, 2015-2019 (on leave during Dot Foods cert petition)
- Co-chair, SALT Task Force on ABA Model Transaction Tax Overpayment Act, Tax Section, American Bar Association, 2013-2015
- Chair, SALT Subcommittee on Miscellaneous Taxes and Industries, Tax Section, American Bar Association, 2007-2013
- Committee on State and Local Taxes, Tax Section, American Bar Association
- Board of Directors and Treasurer, International Oak Society, 2018-present
- Board of Directors and Secretary, Washington Mennonite Fellowship, 2015-present
- Board of Directors, 2000-present; President, 2004-2006 – E.B. Dunn Historic Garden Trust
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Tax (Washington), 2021-2022
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Tax Law by Best Lawyers, 2020-present
- Named a "State Tax Practitioner of the Year" by Tax Analysts Inc., 2017
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.