John Goldmark partners with his clients to tackle their toughest litigation. He enjoys taking cases to trial (and has tried dozens of cases and arbitrations), but also understands the nuances of mitigating risk and creative dispute resolution. John’s clients operate at the cutting edge, and he thrives on learning their business and working on innovative ways to achieve their business objectives.
John represents clients in complex litigation, focusing on e-commerce and intellectual property disputes. A versatile lawyer, John has successfully litigated a variety of disputes in state and federal courts across the country, including patent, copyright, and trademark disputes (plaintiff and defense), real property, consumer class action, securities fraud, and contract. He has significant appellate experience, representing clients in appeals to the U.S. Supreme Court and the Washington Supreme Court. John also has substantial experience in trade law and advises importers of all sizes on duty reduction and compliance. John has represented Amazon, Microsoft, Privateer, Leafly, Providence, Citigroup, as well as an array of small to mid-size businesses.
Litigator and trial lawyer
Substantial experience trying cases and arbitrations, including handling over 100 arbitrations, and successfully litigating complex disputes in state and federal courts across the country.
Partners with clients
Emphasizes being a true and trusted partner with clients by investing in and developing long-term relationships that lead to deep understanding of their business objectives, and successful legal results.
Trade law and import issues
Counsels importers on trade law issues, including duty reduction and compliance, and antidumping and countervailing duty investigations.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
Tulalip Tribal Courts Washington
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2008, with honors
- Washington Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
B.A., Biophysics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Whitman College, 2003
- Dean's List, six semesters
- Academic Achievement Scholarship, 1999-2003
Memberships & Affiliations
- Legal Foundation of Washington, Trustee, 2014-present
- W.D. Washington, Pro Bono Panel Member, 2012-present
- William L. Dwyer Inn of Court, 2011-2017
- Tribal Court Spokesperson, Tulalip Tribes of Washington, 2008
- Selected to “Washington Rising Stars,” Thomson Reuters, 2013-2018
- Law Clerk, Hon. John C. Coughenour, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2008-2009
- Extern, Hon. Ricardo S. Martinez, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2006
- Trial Fellowship, King County Prosecutor’s Office, Felony Trial Unit, June-July 2012
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2007
- Intern, Schroeter Goldmark & Bender, Seattle, 2001, 2004
- Intern, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, 2002