Peter Grant is an advisor and consultant for Davis Wright Tremaine.
Peter is the former legal counsel to the American Medical Group Association, Hospital Council of Northern and Central California, the IPA Association of America, and the Integrated Healthcare Association.
Peter is not an active member of the California State Bar and neither he nor his consulting firm provides legal services.
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1988
- Dissertation titled "The Struggle for the Control of California's Health Care Marketplace"
- Honorary Faculty Fellowship
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1979
M.A., Harvard University, 1975
B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1972
- With special honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Pew Memorial Trust Fellow, Institute for Health Policy Studies, School of Medicine, University of California-San Francisco
- Fellow, Sierra Foundation
- Former General Counsel, IPA Association of America
- Former General Counsel, California Integrated Healthcare Association
- Former General Counsel, Hospital Council of Northern and Central California
- Former Special Counsel, American Medical Group Association
- Past President, California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Past President, Northern California Chapter, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Health Law Section, American Bar Association
- President, Health Care Conference Administrators LLC
- (dba Global Health Care, LLC)
- Chair, Train for Compliance LLC
- Chair, Health IT Certification LLC
- Chair, Health Policy Publishing, LLC
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Health Care Law, by Best Lawyers, 1995-present
- Editorial Board, Health Affairs
- Advisory Board, Harvard Health Policy Review