Gary Johnson has been a paralegal since 1989. He has extensive experience in regulatory research and due diligence within the cable, broadcast, and telecom communications industries. He has proven abilities in Federal Communications Commission (FCC) compliance regulations, broadcast licensing, sales, and acquisition transactions resulting in regulatory adherence for clients.
Gary is experienced in processing and filing of applications through ECFS, COALS, ULS, IBFS, and CDBS. He is excellent at client relationship building, as well as analytical and problem-resolution skills.
Gary's areas of focus include:
- Works closely with attorneys and clients on a broad range of regulatory, licensing, and transactional matters in the cable, broadcast, and wireless sectors
- Responsible for due diligence research and compliance with the FCC and the Copyright Office, as well as state and local authorities
- Developed and maintains database applications in Microsoft Word and Excel for due date and deadline tracking
- Prepares and files applications with the FCC via the Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS), Universal Licensing System (ULS), International Bureau Filing System (IBFS), Cable Operations and Licensing System (COALS), and Broadcast Radio and Television Electronic Filing System (CDBS)
Communications, Howard University
- Paralegal, Cooley LLP, Washington, D.C., 2013-2016
- Paralegal, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP, Washington, D.C., 2011-2013
- Paralegal, Fleischman and Harding LLP, Washington, D.C., 1993-2011
- Paralegal, Hogan and Hartson LLP, Washington, D.C., 1989-1993