Pete Johnson currently serves as the partner-in-charge of DWT's Seattle office. In his role, Pete supports the practices of more than 200 attorneys and the large number of legal professionals that are based in the firm's Seattle office.
Pete also helps spearhead recruiting, practice and professional development, and firm strategic initiatives. He is proud to practice with talented, smart, and innovative colleagues who are solution-oriented and passionate about their clients' needs. Pete also has served as a member of the firm's Executive Committee and chaired the firm's Partner Compensation Committee and Office of the Future Committee.
In his practice, Pete's focus is on helping clients develop and launch new product and service offerings, as well as on advising clients in connection with the structuring and negotiation of strategic third-party relationships. As a lead, outside transactional counsel, Pete coordinates all aspects of DWT's support for large client initiatives, including regulatory analysis and guidance, privacy and data security assessments and advice, and other subject-matter expertise. Pete regularly assists clients with complex, domestic and international financial, commercial, and technology transactions, and he has extensive experience supporting cloud, e-commerce, mobile commerce, emerging payments, and supply-chain initiatives.
Technology development and transactions
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Oregon Law Review
B.A., Business Administration, Western Washington University, cum laude
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Memberships & Affiliations
- Executive Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Chair, Strategic Planning Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Board Member, Seattle Chamber of Commerce, 2019-2022
- Board Member, King County Bar Foundation, 2019-present
- Volunteer, Girls Soccer Coach, Bellevue Soccer Club and Bellevue Boys and Girls Club, 2010-2022
- Volunteer, Girls Basketball Coach, Bellevue Boys and Girls Club, 2009-2015
- Volunteer for Legal Intakes at Downtown Emergency Shelter, 2004-2015
- Volunteer Sunday School Teacher, First Presbyterian Church of Bellevue, 2008-2010
- Pro Bono Counsel to Washington Access Fund, a nonprofit micro-lender