Gavin is an associate in Davis Wright Tremaine's nationally recognized healthcare practice. He supports physicians, hospitals, health systems, and other provider enterprises as they navigate the complexities of healthcare regulation and enforcement. In particular, he offers advice on general regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, value-based contracting, reimbursement, corporate and medical staff governance issues, digital privacy and security, and other emerging issues in telehealth and telemedicine.
Gavin brings a strong legal research and writing background to the firm, having served as chief online editor of Washington Law Review, the University of Washington School of Law's flagship legal journal, and as a legal writing fellow during law school. Prior to joining the firm, Gavin worked in the Washington State Attorney General's office and for a Seattle-based telemedicine startup.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2018
- Executive Board, Washington Law Review
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Analysis, Research and Writing
B.A., Philosophy, Seattle University, 2014
- University Honors Program
- President's List
- Legal Intern, 98point6 Inc., Seattle, 2017-2018
- Law Clerk, UW Division, Washington State Attorney General's Office, Seattle, 2017
- Research Assistant, Dean Patricia Kuszler and Professor Anna Mastroianni, University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, 2017
- Legal Extern, Washington State Hospital Association, Seattle, 2016
- Law Clerk, California Medical Association, Sacramento, Calif., 2015