Gavin is an associate in Davis Wright Tremaine’s nationally recognized healthcare practice. He helps physicians, hospitals, health systems, and other private entities navigate the complexities of healthcare regulation and enforcement. In particular, he offers advice on general regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, provider contracting, corporate and medical staff governance issues, and other emerging issues in digital privacy and telemedicine.
Gavin brings a strong legal writing background to the firm, having served on the executive board of Washington Law Review, the University of Washington School of Law’s flagship legal journal, and as a legal writing fellow during law school. Prior to joining the firm, Gavin worked in the Washington State Attorney General's office.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2018
- Chief Online Editor, Washington Law Review
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Analysis, Research and Writing
B.A., Philosophy, Seattle University, 2014
- University Honors Program
- President's List
- Legal Intern, 98point6 Inc., Seattle, 2017-2018
- Law Clerk, UW Division, Washington State Attorney General's Office, Seattle, 2017
- Research Assistant, Dean Patricia Kuszler and Professor Anna Mastroianni, University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, 2017
- Legal Extern, Washington State Hospital Association, Seattle, 2016
- Law Clerk, California Medical Association, Sacramento, Calif., 2015
- Legal Intern, Van Dyke Law Group, Truckee, Calif., 2013