Stephen R. Ledoux
I'm in the business of helping people.
Steve Ledoux brings passion, loyalty, and deep listening to solve complex regulatory, political, relational, and financial challenges. He learned from the Sisters of Mercy a fundamental lesson of American enterprise, whether for charity or for profit: No Money; No Mission. Every real estate developer must move from a great idea with pretty pictures to governments issuing permits and investors and lenders writing checks. His efforts have helped clients achieve marquee projects against overwhelming odds.
Steve has helped project sponsors with private-placement equity raises, funding a client's first hotel to another's break from pricey institutional equity. Debt builds the balance of the capital stack, and Steve has worked on nearly every imaginable variety, including construction and acquisition loans, mezz loans, debt with equity kickers, and other creative approaches. Finally, public participation may be available, and Steve has been called the "poster child" of public-private partnerships.
Steve is the business development partner of the firm's real estate practice, co-chair of the hotel industry practice, and serves clients from the firm's San Francisco and Portland offices. Steve regularly serves as a lecturer and panelist, including as chair of The Seminar Group’s Easements in Oregon CLE, at the ULI Northwest conference with Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and Provenance Hotels CEO Bashar Wali; NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference; American Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS); The Lodging Conference; American Planning Association (APA); and Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG). Chambers USA describes Steve "as a leading lawyer in Real Estate" appreciated by clients for being "extremely helpful and flexible."
Acquisitions and dispositions
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1985, cum laude
- Harvard Legal Aid Bureau
B.A., American Studies, University of Notre Dame, 1981, summa cum laude
- Dedicated Service and Leadership Award
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Counsel, Marin Agricultural Land Trust & Regeneration Project
- Past Corporate Counsel, Board of Directors, Jazz in Flight, Children in Flight
- Tri-County Lodging Association
- Washington State Lodging Association
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Real Estate (Oregon), 2021-2022
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Real Estate Law by Best Lawyers, 2021-present; in Leisure and Hospitality Law, 2023