Lynn Loacker focuses her practice on business and finance transactions. Her finance experience covers a range of key finance disciplines: structured finance, project finance (both in the energy and sports industries), acquisition finance, asset-based lending and corporate credit transactions. She also handles mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and a variety of other structured investment transactions and joint venture arrangements. She represents financial institutions, as well as companies in the mortgage banking, energy, forest products and home building and information technology sectors.
Lynn's featured experience includes:
- Represents issuers, sponsors and underwriters in connection with the purchase, sale and servicing of financial assets, including commercial and residential mortgage loans, mortgage servicing rights and equipment leases.
- Represents lenders and borrowers in warehousing and other financing arrangements.
- Represented the underwriter in the financing of the American Airlines Arena, a 20,000-seat multi-purpose sports arena for the NBA Miami Heat.
- Represented the owner in the financing for the development and construction of the Rose Garden Arena, the home of the NBA Trail Blazers (Portland, Ore.).
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Washington Mutual Bank in the acquisition of the mortgage banking operations of PNC Bank and Fleet Boston Financial Corp.
- Represented a privately held company in the acquisition of the U.K. and Australian subsidiaries of a U.K. public company.
Private Equity & Investment Transactions
- Represented Plum Creek Timber Company, L.P., in a $1.5 billion joint venture with The Campbell Group.
- Represented the developer in $100 million tax equity joint venture financing for solar power projects.
- Represented an investor in a potential $25 million investment in a tax equity joint venture to finance solar power projects.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1979
- Order of the Coif
A.B., Stanford University, 1974
Memberships & Affiliations
- Advisor, BRAVA Investments, 2017-present
- Member, Council of National Advisors, Springboard Enterprises, 2017-present
- Director and Assistant Treasurer, Santa Fe Opera, 2016-present
- Director and Vice-Chair, Beth Morrison Projects, 2016-present
- Director, New York Tech Alliance, 2014-present
- Member, Board of Trustees, All-Star Orchestra, 2013-2017
- Member, Board of Governors, City Center for Music and Drama, Inc., Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, 2009-2013
- Director and Co-Chair, Strategic Planning Committee, New York City Opera Company, 2005-2013
- Named to "New York Trailblazers" inaugural list, New York Law Journal, 2019
- Received the inaugural "The Edward J. Davis Diversity & Mentorship Award," Davis Wright Tremaine, 2017
- Selected to “New York Super Lawyers” in Securities & Corporate Finance, Thomson Reuters, 2003-2006, 2010
- Member, Executive Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, 2013-2016
- Shareholder, Heller Ehrman LLP, New York, N.Y., 1999-2008 – Leadership positions included: Member, Policy Committee, 2008; Member and Chair, Promotion Evaluation Committee, 2005-2008; Chair, Gender Diversity Committee, 2007-2008; Chair, Nominations Committee, 2005-2006