Shannon McNeal focuses her practice on technology, privacy, and security matters, with a focus on contracts relating to marketing, advertising, entertainment, and consumer matters. She regularly assists clients by drafting and negotiating agreements of various kinds for the technology industry. Shannon also provides product counseling relating to technology and technology commercialization, including related regulatory matters.
In addition, Shannon provides advertising, marketing, and promotions counseling on a wide-range of consumer protection issues for various content streams including social media, digital media campaigns, websites, TV commercials, print media, contests, sweepstakes, employee incentive programs, and more.
Prior to joining the technology practice, Shannon represented banks, licensed lenders, fintech companies, auto lenders, consumer reporting agencies, and other companies regarding a host of consumer compliance obligations in matters initiated by federal and state government regulators, as well as in litigation and internal investigations.
Shannon also has had substantial experience handling complex civil litigation brought by private parties and government agencies on a wide range of issues from federal securities laws to labor and employment.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 2017
J.D., Howard University School of Law, 2014
- Civil Rights Clinic
- Goler T. Butcher International Moot Court Team
B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2011
- President, Black Student Union
- Florida Blue Key
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Pipeline to Practice Foundation, Inc., 2021-present
- Board of Directors, Ms. JD, 2015-2017
- Corresponding Secretary, Howard University School of Law Alumni Association, 2019-2021
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Division, Greater Washington Area Chapter, National Bar Association
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Technology Law (Washington, D.C.), Best Lawyers, 2022
- Leadership Counsel & Legal Diversity (Pathfinder Program), 2021
- Associate, Government Investigations, Examinations and Enforcement Group, Hudson Cook LLP, Washington, D.C., 2016-2018
- Associate, Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, Minneapolis, 2014-2016