Desktop Image: Morrison, Sheila Fox
Mobile Image: Morrison, Sheila Fox
Sheila's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Pomona, Calif.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
What was your favorite food as a kid?
Burritos from Juanita’s, a local food stand in Pomona.
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
Goat cheese maker.
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
It’s very gratifying helping clients that make products I like to consume.
What book or song inspires you the most, and why?
"Bicycle Race" by Queen. It inspires me to ride my bicycle! And it’s fun to sing really loud.
What is your favorite quote?
"Sometimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." My mom said that; words to live by.
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Mexico, with 25-cent avocados for guacamole, which I like to eat three times a day, and cheap beer.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Japan, to experience a place where food is an integral part of the history and culture, and there is a tremendous respect for good ingredients.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1998, cum laude
- Editor-in-Chief, Intellectual Property Law Bulletin
B.A., Philosophy, University of California, San Diego, 1993
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board of Directors, 2007-2013; Secretary, 2012-2013; Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair, 2010-2012 – Portland Children’s Museum
- Member, 2004-2008; Chair, 2004-2005 – AeA Technology & Intellectual Property Committee
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in Intellectual Property (Oregon) by Chambers USA, 2017-2019
- Named to the "World Trademark 1000," by World Trademark Review, 2013-present
- Selected to "Oregon Rising Stars" in Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters, 2008, 2010-2011
- Selected by Best Lawyers as Portland's "Lawyer of the Year" in Copyright Law, 2017
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Copyright Law by Best Lawyers, 2013
- Associate, Carr & Ferrell LLP, Palo Alto, Calif.
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.