Gillian Murphy helps employers of all sizes successfully navigate every aspect of the employment relationship. From recruiting to termination and everything in-between, Gillian teams with HR and management to find pragmatic solutions that limit legal risk and meet business objectives.
Gillian spends the majority of her time advising clients on a variety of legal issues such as leave and disability law compliance, policy development, executive compensation, and discrimination investigations. She also regularly conducts management and front-line employee training programs on a range of employment topics and is known for her engaging presentation style. While Gillian serves employers across all industries, she has particular expertise in the restaurant and hotel space, as well as the nonprofit sector.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 2005, summa cum laude
- Thomas More Scholar
B.A., Human Services, Western Washington University, 2002
Memberships & Affiliations
- Washington Women Lawyers State Board, 2019-present
- Board of Directors, Project Beauty Share, 2018-present
- Pro-bono representation for Washington’s Court Appointed Special Advocate Program assisting foster children
- Pro-bono representation of individuals seeking asylum through immigrant rights organization
- Board Member, Seattle Works, 2010-2014
- Board Member, Seattle Repertory Theater, CREW, 2007-2010
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 2013-2015