Desktop Image: Pagan, Ruben Bolivar
Mobile Image: Pagan, Ruben Bolivar
Ruben Pagán provides transactional support to e-commerce, logistics, cloud computing, wireless, robotics, artificial intelligence and other technology clients, including developing and negotiating domestic and international inbound and outbound contracts, online click-through agreements, and policies governing the use, licensing, leasing, purchasing, and sale of products, components, services, software, and data. Ruben also advises clients on the impact of existing and developing laws and regulations on clients' programs and transactions and whether and how clients can develop technologies and services to anticipate changing laws and regulations. Before joining DWT, Ruben supported Amazon's North American Fulfillment Center procurement team.
End effector prototyping agreements
Developed and negotiated end effector prototyping agreements with engineering firms and parts manufacturers to ensure that the client—the inventor of autonomous drive units, robotic arms, and other warehouse automation systems—obtained and protected intellectual property rights in a core component of client’s robotic system.
Purchase and sales agreements for self-driving car parts
Advised auto parts manufacturer on strategy for shifting warranty-and-products liability risk assumed in unfavorable supply agreement with key customer to members of client’s supply-chain, who provide components for client’s self-driving car system.
Developed website terms-of-use and sale-and-warranty, returns, and privacy policies for client—the creator of an autonomous, robotic-mouse cat toy—to facilitate global sales. Reviewed and informed client on the legal requirements for its product packaging to limit customs issues during import.
Transportation & Logistics
Cloud Computing/Connected Devices
Other Representative Experience
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 2008
- Journal of Corporation Law
B.A., Philosophy, B.S., Psychology, University of Washington, 2004
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow, HNBA/Microsoft Intellectual Property Law Institute (law student mentorship program), 2016-present
- Volunteer Attorney, Citizenship Clinic – Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs (confidential pre-screening of citizenship applications and development of emergency deportation preparedness plans)
- Volunteer Attorney, Housing Justice Project (eviction defense legal clinic), 2013-2017
- Volunteer Attorney, Kids in Need of Defense (representation of unaccompanied minors in immigration court), 2018-present
- Volunteer Attorney, Wayfind (microenterprise and nonprofit legal clinic), 2014-present
- Contracts Manager, 2012-2014; Legal Assistant, Retail and Operations, 2008-2012 – Amazon.com, Inc., Seattle
- International Constitutional Law Research Assistant, University of Iowa, College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa, 2006-2007
- Legal Intern, Hon. Lamar McCorkle, 133rd Civil District Court, Harris County, Texas, 2006
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.