Every company is unique. Scott gets it. Building enduring partnerships, Scott works together with clients to tailor workplace solutions grounded by their sui generis working culture and the ever-shifting market dynamics they face. To this end, he empowers clients to command the workforce for competitive edge by fostering team agility and a strong culture of comprehensive and proactive employment law compliance.
Scott provides clients strategic counsel on a wide array of employment matters, such as transactional employment-related due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, workplace DEI, strategic workforce recruitment, drafting employee handbooks, drafting employment agreements and restrictive covenants, employee compensation, wage and hour concerns, occupational health and safety, trade secrets, workplace investigations, employee performance management, employee leave requests, employee requests for accommodation, employee defections, and mass layoffs.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. And Scott fights for clients in federal and state court with an eye on creatively and cost-effectively resolving class-action or single-plaintiff lawsuits. He brings to bear substantial experience litigating claims of employment discrimination, harassment, wage and hour violations, retaliation, and wrongful discharge.
Scott also defends clients before government agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC"), the Department of Labor ("DOL"), the Washington State Human Rights Commission ("WSHRC"), the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries ("LNI"), the Hawai'i Department of Labor and Industrial Relations ("DLIR"), the Hawai'i Civil Rights Commission ("HCRC"), the Seattle Civil Rights Division, and the Seattle Office of Labor Standards ("OLS").
Defeated class action and compelled arbitration on plaintiff's individual claims
Arbitration award on employment discrimination and unlawful withholdings claims
Arbitration award on employment contract, specific promise, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
J.D., University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, William S. Richardson School of Law, 2013
- Editor, Asian-Pacific Law & Policy Journal
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Clinic
- CALI Excellence Awards for Labor and Employment Law and Comparative Asian Labor and Employment Law
M.B.A., University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Shidler College of Business, 2013
B.S., Global Business and Public Policy, University of Maryland Global Campus, 2010, magna cum laude
B.A., Political Science, American Politics and Policy, University of Central Florida, 2002
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- King County Bar Association
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, Special Initiatives Fund Committee
- Attorney, Fisher Phillips, Seattle, 2019-2021
- Attorney, Dentons, Honolulu, 2015-2019
- Attorney, Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel, Honolulu, 2014-2015
- Legal Research Assistant, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu, 2011-2014