Desktop Image: Schleifer, David
Mobile Image: Schleifer, David
David Schleifer focuses his practice on all phases of patent prosecution, as well as related areas such as infringement and validity opinions. David also has significant experience providing support in patent litigation matters. With more than 20 years of engineering and business experience, he brings a unique perspective and understanding of his clients' challenges. Prior to entering law, David worked as a software engineer, technical architect, and program manager for high-tech companies including Microsoft and Thomson Reuters. His practice includes a broad range of clients, from startup companies to global corporations.
Written and prosecuted over a hundred patent applications in diverse technological areas such as databases, data mining, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and augmented reality.
Patent litigation support
Assisted in numerous patent litigation matters, including disputes over smartphones, database technology, and financial services. Experience in litigation helps to inform other practice areas, such as patent prosecution and infringement and validity analysis.
* Denotes prior experience
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
J.D., The George Washington University, 2012
B.S., Duke University, 1990
- Associate, Baker & Hostetler LLP, Seattle, 2014-2018
- Associate, Woodcock Washburn, Seattle, 2012-2014
- Technology Advisor, Woodcock Washburn, Philadelphia, 2011-2012
- Program Manager and Software Development Engineer, SQL Server Group, Microsoft, Redmond, Wash. and Washington, D.C., 1998-2008
- Technical Architect, Thomson Reuters, Hauppauge, N.Y., 1992-1998