Katherine Sheriff devotes her legal practice to identifying areas of opportunity, and potential challenges, in emerging technology sectors, particularly in the dynamic fields of autonomous vehicles and artificial intelligence. From testifying before state legislators on autonomous vehicle policy to annual presentations and panels at international conferences, her experience as a legal thought leader spans various aspects of emerging technology policy and law across state, federal, and international jurisdictions.
Katherine leads DWT's Mobility and Transportation Group, a multi-disciplinary team whose transactional and regulatory capabilities cover a broad array of legal issues and industries at the intersection of connected, autonomous, shared, and electric technologies. From negotiating and implementing complex deals, to engaging with regulatory and mobility supply chain stakeholders, Katherine and the Mobility and Transportation Group help innovators bring the next generation of mobility technologies to scale.
Katherine began her legal career as a litigator with a practice focused on product liability and insurance litigation issues related to liability and regulatory compliance. Today, she puts her passion for emerging technologies and mitigating risk to work for her clients in order to help bring breakthroughs in science and technology to market.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court District of District of Columbia
J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2016
- Online Editor, Emory Law Journal
- Legal Scholar, Autonomous Technology Legal Research Project
- Fellow, State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division
B.A., Political Science, University of Georgia, 2005 with highest honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Co-Chair, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles Ad Hoc Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association, 2021
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Vice President of Membership, D.C. Chapter, Transportation Research Forum, 2019
- iCivics Committee, State Bar of Georgia, 2018
- Knowledge Lawyer, Hogan Lovells, Washington, D.C., 2019-2020
- Managing Member, Emergent Technology Consultants, LLC, Alexandria, Va., 2019
- Associate, Waldon Adelman Castilla Heistand & Prout, Atlanta, 2017-2018
- Associate, 2016-2017; Law Clerk, 2015-2016 – Warshauer Law Group, Atlanta
- Extern, Hon. Harris Hines, Supreme Court of Georgia, Atlanta, 2015