Ross Siler focuses his practice on healthcare litigation and regulatory matters, government investigations, and consumer protection cases. He has represented clients in large-scale investigations and suits brought by the Washington Attorney General's Office and U.S. Attorney's Office.
Ross was part of the team that defended the Value Village thrift store chain against the Washington AG during a three-week consumer protection trial. The defense prevailed on the majority of claims and denied the state's attempt to recover unprecedented nationwide monetary relief. Ross examined multiple witnesses at trial, including the state's lead investigator.
Ross has led efforts to respond to civil investigative demands and government subpoenas. He has briefed and argued summary judgment, discovery, and pre-trial motions; deposed government representatives; prepared and defended corporate executives in depositions; and coordinated document review and production projects.
He additionally represents and advises healthcare systems and providers in a variety of matters. Ross has presented on topics at meetings of the Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys. Before law school, Ross worked at newspapers in California and Utah and brings his reporter's background, writing skills, and instincts to his work as a lawyer.
Government and internal investigations
Consumer Protection Act cases
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2013
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2016
J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2013, with high honors
- Managing Editor, Washington Law Review
- Innocence Project Northwest
- CALI Awards: Contracts, Constitutional Law, Payment Systems, Supreme Court Decision Making
B.S., Journalism, Northwestern University, 2002, cum laude
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2012
- Extern, Hon. David H. Armstrong, Washington Court of Appeals, Division II, Tacoma, Wash., 2011
- Extern, Hon. Susan J. Craighead, King County Superior Court, Seattle, 2011
- Staff Writer, The Salt Lake Tribune, Salt Lake City, 2007-2010
- Staff Writer, Los Angeles Daily News, Woodland Hills, Calif., 2002-2007
- Staff Writer, The Washington Post, Washington, D.C., 2001