Devin Smith is a class action and employment litigator. Working with Fortune 100 companies to sole proprietors, Devin has significant experience defending wage and hour class actions in the healthcare, retail, restaurant, transportation, and other industries. He protects his clients' interests in alleged discrimination, retaliation, harassment, constructive discharge, disability, and other employment matters. Devin regularly resolves noncompetition and nonsolicitation disputes—either through negotiated resolution or court intervention.
As former in-house counsel at Microsoft, Devin advises clients on all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. His mix of litigation and in-house experience allows him to deliver practical guidance to all levels of HR and business leadership.
Class action litigation
Single-plaintiff employment litigation and noncompetition matters
Counseling and HR investigations
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal
M.S., Journalism, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
B.S., Communications, Cornell University, magna cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, KCSARC - King County Sexual Assault Resource Center, 2017-present
- Law Clerk, Washington State Supreme Court, Olympia, Wash.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle
- Extern, Hon. John C. Coughenour, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle
- Reporter, New York Post, New York, N.Y.
- Pentagon Correspondent, Washington, D.C.