Drew Steen chairs the firm's corporate and business transactions practice and leads a group of over 70 attorneys in the M&A, emerging company, corporate governance, securities, trusts and estates, and tax practices. He represents operating businesses, private equity firms, and family offices in significant and complex corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, ownership transitions, investments, joint ventures, and restructurings. In addition to his transactional practice, he also acts as outside general counsel to middle market, privately held companies up and down the West Coast.
Drew is a past chair of the Washington State Bar Association's Business Law Section, an organization of more than 1,200 business and corporate lawyers in the State of Washington. He is also active in several industry organizations and regularly donates his time to community and charitable organizations in and around Seattle. Drew is also a graduate of Leadership Tomorrow. To better serve his clients, he maintains an office presence in both Seattle and San Francisco.
Drew is an active member of Davis Wright Tremaine's private equity practice. This year, Drew led the team that represented private equity firm Westward Partners in its acquisition of Three Bears Alaska, one of the leading retailers in western Alaska.
Drew co-chairs the firm's New Space Industry Committee and advises on all aspects of corporate transactions in that industry sector. This year, he led the team that represented Blue Origin in its acquisition of Honeybee Robotics, a leading spacecraft robotics company.
Food & beverage; seafood
Drew has represented clients in all forms of large-scale food processing and distribution. This year, he led the team that represented Seattle-based Charlie's Produce in multiple acquisitions and corporate transactions up and down the West Coast.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2006, cum laude
A.B., University of Chicago, 2002, with honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Past Chair, Business Law Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Former Board of Directors, Seattle CityClub
- Former Board of Directors, Queen Anne Helpline
- Volunteer, Washington CASH Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Volunteer, University of Washington School of Law Entrepreneurial Law Clinic
- Past Co-Editor, DWT's Family Business Resource Center
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2017
- Selected to "Washington Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2010-2011, 2016-2020
- Associate, Proskauer Rose, LLP, Boston, 2011-2013
- Associate, Lane Powell PC, Seattle, 2006-2011