Rachel’s passion and resourcefulness in upholding the speech rights of her clients has won her tremendous client loyalty. Rachel knows her clients’ business, their risk tolerance, and their priorities, so she can be a true counselor and provide service particularized to them.
She represented media companies in defamation, invasion of privacy and copyright matters, including researching and writing dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, questioning trial witnesses, drafting appellate and post-trial briefs, and presenting oral argument in trial and appellate courts. In addition to helping lead high-stakes litigation matters for traditional media clients as described above, Rachel has carved out a distinct position as a digital media specialist, providing pre-publication review for a host of important new media upstarts.
Michael D. Cohen v. United States of America
Moore v. Showtime et al.
Development, production, and pre-broadcast counseling, and other IP advice
Admitted to Practice
New York, 2007
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2007
U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2007
U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2014
U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2008
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2006, cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Notes & Comments Editor, Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal
- Teaching Assistant, Torts and Property
- Research assistant to Dean David Rudenstein
B.A., Sarah Lawrence College, 2001
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Media Law Resource Center Board of Trustees, 2016-present
- Inaugural Co-Chair, Next Generation Committee, Media Law Resource Center, 2014-2016
- Member, Committee on Media Law, New York State Bar Association, 2009-present
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in Media Entertainment: First Amendment Litigation (New York) by Chambers USA, 2019
- Named a "Rising Star" by New York Law Journal, 2019
- Named a "Rising Star" in Media & Entertainment Law, Law360, 2018
- Ranked as “Up and Coming” for New York, Media & Entertainment: First Amendment Litigation by Chambers USA, 2017-2018
- Ranked as “Associate to Watch” for New York, Media & Entertainment: First Amendment Litigation by Chambers USA, 2015-2016
- Named a New York Super Lawyer in Media & Advertising, Entertainment & Sports, and Intellectual Property Litigation by Super Lawyers
- Associate, 2012-2015; Partner, 2016-2017; Levine Sullivan Koch & Schultz LLP, New York, N.Y.
- Summer Associate, 2005; Associate, 2006-2012; Hogan Lovells US LLP, New York, N.Y.
- Intern for the Hon. Faith Hochberg, U.S. District Court Judge, Newark, N.J., 2004