Desktop Image: Chris
Mobile Image: chris
Chris Swift helps his clients navigate complex commercial and government-related litigation. Chris frequently represents clients before trial and appellate courts in a broad range of commercial disputes, including matters involving corporate governance, breach of contract, false advertisement, fraud, civil RICO, and business tort liability. He also counsels his clients regarding regulatory issues, public records disputes, challenges to state agency actions, and First Amendment issues. Additionally, Chris has extensive experience representing insurance intermediaries and service providers in cases involving professional negligence, breach of contract, and class action defense.
Resolved numerous commercial disputes ranging from corporate governance issues in closely-held family companies to battles for control of trademarks worth tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.
Litigated cases challenging illegal actions taken by state and local public bodies, including breaches of public contracting laws, improper refusals to release public records, abuses of public funds, and violations of civil rights.
Insurance broker litigation
Defended some of the largest insurance intermediaries and service providers against professional negligence and breach of contract claims arising from the placement of D&O, product liability, lender-placed insurance, and other lines of coverage.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Stanford University, 2015
- Hilmer Oehlmann, Jr. Award for Outstanding Performance in Federal Litigation
- Gerald Gunther Prize in Intellectual Property
- Gerald Gunther Prize in Environmental Law and Policy
- Kirkwood Moot Court Competition
B.S., Political Science, B.S., Economics, B.A., History, Arizona State University, 2012, summa cum laude
- ASU Alumni Association Outstanding Graduate
- Dean’s Medal
- JPMorgan Chase Scholar
- National Merit Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Portland, Ore., 2014
- Special Litigation Unit Law Clerk, Oregon Department of Justice, Trial Division, Portland, Ore., 2013
- District Office Intern, Office of Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Portland, Ore., 2011
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.