Desktop Image: Tune, Sarah English
Mobile Image: Tune, Sarah English
Sarah's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Roanoke, Va.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Helping clients grow and exit their businesses through transformational events like capital raises and mergers and acquisitions.
What was your favorite food as a kid?
Not counting dessert, homegrown tomato sandwiches with salt, pepper and a little mayo.
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
A travel planner.
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
It’s tangible, relatable and matters to almost everyone.
What is your favorite quote? And why does it speak to you?
"Parva sed potens" (Latin for small but mighty). It is something my mom used to tell me to encourage me, and it is the way she lived her life proving that small gestures and acts can make a difference in people’s lives.
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Coastal towns in tropical countries where fresh fish, fruit and veggies abound – and normally pretty good cocktails too.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
India is No. 1 on my bucket list for the culture, the food, history and the chance to see a tiger in the wild.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2000
- Executive Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law
- Dillard Fellow
B.A., French, Politics, Washington and Lee University, 1995, summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships & Affiliations
- Executive Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine (2012-2023; Vice Chair 2017-2018; Chair 2018-2023)
- Named one of the "Top U.S.A. Women Dealmakers" by Global M&A Network, 2021
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Corporate/M&A (Washington), 2018-2023
- Named one of the Top Women Dealmakers in the USA by Global M&A Network, 2021
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Mergers and Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers, 2019-present
- Named one of the "Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A" by Mergers & Acquisitions, 2020
- Named "Middle Market Food & Beverage Dealmaker of the Year" by The Deal, 2019
- Selected to "Washington Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2005, 2007-2008, 2010-2013
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.