Desktop Image: Vogel Angela
Mobile Image: Vogel Angela
I enjoy working with clients to navigate the constantly changing landscape of employment laws.
Angela Vogel counsels employers on complex leave and sick time laws, including the Washington Paid Family Medical leave law. She regularly advises on workplace issues, including investigations, accommodation issues and also provides training on various topics to managers and employees. Angela drafts employee handbooks, policies, and executive agreements, and assists with due diligence and employment issues that arise in connection with corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions. Before joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Angela was in-house counsel at Expeditors, a Fortune 500 global logistics company, where she provided advice and counseling on domestic and international employment matters.
Frequently leads and advises on complex workplace investigations involving allegations of discrimination and harassment and works closely with employers to develop successful plans of action.
Developing leave law issues
Assists employers with federal, state and local leave laws, including the new Washington Paid Family Medical Leave law, and develops strategy related to broader policy implications for clients nationwide.
Employment issues in business transactions
Provides employment expertise in corporate mergers and acquisitions, including reviewing employment records and policies, advising on employment and termination issues, drafting employment agreements, and preparing purchase agreements and disclosures in connection with business transactions.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2012
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2009
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2014
U.S. District Court District of Alaska, 2013
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2003, cum laude
- William L. Dwyer American Inns of Court
- CALI Award, Corporate Acquisitions
B.A., History, Seattle University, 1999
- Dean's List
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Friends of Youth, 2017-2018
- Volunteer Attorney, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP)
- Board Member, King County Washington Women Lawyers, 2013-2015
- Judicial Evaluation Committee, King County Washington Women Lawyers, 2012-2013
- Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Conference Planning Committee, 2013-2015
- Neighborhood Legal Clinic Volunteer, King County Bar Association, 2003-2011
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 2014
- Selected to “Washington Rising Stars,” Thomson Reuters, 2011-2013
- Corporate Counsel, Employment, Expeditors International of Washington, Inc., Seattle, 2014-2016
- Partner, 2013-2014; Senior Counsel/Associate, 2009- 2013 – Gordon & Rees LLP, Seattle
- Associate, Patterson Buchanan Fobes Leitch & Kalzer, Inc. P.S., Seattle, 2007-2009
- Enforcement Attorney, Washington State Department of Financial Institutions, Securities Division, Tumwater, Wash., 2006-2007
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.