Desktop Image: Vulin, Ashley L. (Watkins)
Mobile Image: Vulin, Ashley L. (Watkins)
Ashley's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Twin Falls, Idaho
What's your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Food regulation (particularly dairy), supply chain disputes, and food safety litigation.
What was your favorite food as a kid?
If you couldn't be a lawyer, what would you be?
Well-rested (just kidding!). I never wanted to be anything other than a lawyer.
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
My family business is in the alcohol distribution industry and I grew up in a rural community, so it is an industry in which I believe and know well. I like that it has a strong connection to everyday life and that every person can be affected (hopefully, for better) by the work we do.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Mongolia (an intriguing and beautiful landscape), Kenya (the wildlife, the history, and the culture all are fascinating), or the Antarctic (Ernest Shackleton is my hero, so I would spend much of the time trying to figure out how to channel him and in amazement of the explorers who ventured there before).
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court District of Idaho
U.S. District Court District of Oregon
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2012
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2013
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2012, cum laude
- Executive Board Member, Moot Court Board
- Managing Editor, Journal of Comparative and International Law
- Co-Chair, Coalition Against Gendered Violence
B.A., English, Political Economy, Georgetown University, 2008, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- CourtCare Campaign Committee, Multnomah Bar Association, 2015-present
- University of North Carolina Women’s Center: Working Group on Sex Trafficking, 2009-2011
- Volunteer attorney for the Domestic Violence Revision Squad, assisting victims of domestic violence in obtaining orders of protection (restraining orders)
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants Law (Portland) by Best Lawyers, 2023
- Selected to "Oregon Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2017-2022
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2011
- Extern, Hon. Justice Paul Newby, North Carolina Supreme Court, Raleigh, N.C., 2011
- Intern, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Montana, Missoula, Mont., 2010
- Intern, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Durham, N.C., 2009-2010
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.