Desktop Image: Warf, Laura
Mobile Image: Warf, Laura
Laura's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Portland, Ore.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Buying and selling businesses and assisting with joint ventures in the agricultural, retail food products, and beverage industries; supply chain and other licensing matters.
What was your favorite food as a kid?
Ice cream, spaghetti, artichokes, and lobster.
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
Run an "off-grid" camp to teach adults how to live the simple life.
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
I find it incredible the various ways plants grow and are processed into delicious food and beverages; I am interested in the various distribution and business channels that bring quality food to consumers.
What book or song inspires you the most, and why?
"Defying Gravity" from Wicked. The lyrics are inspiring – move past your fears and seek the future that matters to you, regardless of perceived limits.
What is your favorite quote?
"It’s not a good deal if you can’t afford it." – my father. It doesn’t get more practical than that! Also, "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend" – Thoreau. To me, this captures what it means to live with integrity.
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Hood River, Oregon – strikingly beautiful farm-to-table culture.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, summa cum laude
- Third in class
- Legislative and Administrative Review Editor; Associate Editor – Animal Law Review
B.A., Political Science, Linfield College, summa cum laude
- Senior Political Science Student of the Year
- Member, Chi Omega (chapter of the Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society)
- Study Abroad: Russia, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Italy
Memberships & Affiliations
- Oregon State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section (of the MBA)
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Selected to "Oregon Rising Stars," Thomson Reuters, 2018-2019
- Law Clerk, Davis Wright Tremaine, Portland, Ore.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Portland, Ore.
- Law Clerk, Office of the Federal Public Defender, District of Oregon, Portland, Ore.
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.