Chris Weathers, along with our highly experienced team of experts, works strategically and efficiently to provide you with first-class media, entertainment and other content-related legal services. Our team adjusts to fit your needs, with the ability to provide all levels of service—comprehensive, defined-scope, or specialty. For many clients Chris acts as point person for their day-to-day development and production legal needs. Clients enjoy knowing that his advice and work product is the result of our team’s collective deep industry knowledge and experience and our ever-changing knowledge of current industry terms and trends.
Chris services audio, audio-visual, performance art, video game, esports, and print and digital media productions and platforms for major industry players, as well as independent and startup companies. Chris also assists companies in industries outside of media and entertainment with their content-related needs.
Documentary and animation productions
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2016
- Articles Editor, Oregon Law Review
- Board Member, Law and Entrepreneurship Student Association
B.S., Justice and Social Inquiry, Arizona State University, 2012, magna cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Volunteer Attorney, Outside In legal clinic for marginalized youth, 2016-2019
- Volunteer Attorney, Small Business Legal Clinic – Pro Bono Project, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2017-2019
- PubTalk Committee, Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, 2017-2019
- Oregon Media Production Association, 2019
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Michael McShane, U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, Eugene, Ore., 2015
- Research Assistant, Professor Carl Bjerre, University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Ore., 2015-2016