Breck Wilmot counsels a diverse clientele on operational contracting and transactional intellectual property matters across a wide range of industries and disciplines, including technology and innovation, media, entertainment, advertising, telecommunications, supply chains, management consulting, and privacy.
Since joining DWT in 2017, Breck has completed several client secondments, including with a global telecommunications company's marketing and IoT product teams, a major search engine's digital advertising team, and an on-prem mesh Wi-Fi hardware provider.
In addition to his intellectual property work, Breck maintains an active pro bono practice. Past and current clients include the Seattle Clemency Project, Kids In Need of Defense, The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and Seattle Public Theater.
Product development and counseling
Admitted to Practice
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2017
- Senior Web Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property & Entertainment Law
- Student Fellow, Program on Corporate Compliance & Enforcement
- Student Advocate, Suspension Representation Project
- Art Law Society
B.A., English, University of Washington, 2011, magna cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Child Advocate, King County Family Law CASA, Seattle, 2012-2014
- Volunteer Coordinator, Washington State CASA, Seattle, 2012
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2016
- Law Clerk, Northwest Justice Project, Seattle, 2015
- Legal Assistant, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2013-2014
- Undergraduate Researcher, University of Washington Center for American Politics & Public Policy, Seattle, 2010-2011