Lyle Zuckerman is the co-leader of Davis Wright Tremaine’s East Coast employment services practice in our New York office. With more than 20 years of experience, including as in-house counsel, Lyle takes immense pride in providing practical, business-savvy employment law advice that promotes his clients’ HR culture and organizational mission. When a dispute arises, Lyle is a highly-reputable litigator with a fierce-but-professional reputation. He regularly defends employment discrimination, wage and hour, and breach of contract matters before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, and in arbitration, and litigates fast-paced restrictive covenant matters. Lyle is an accomplished appellate advocate as well, having won reversals of lower court errors resulting in pre-trial dismissals for his clients.
Lyle devotes a significant portion of his practice to traditional labor law. He counsels employers in union avoidance and represents their interests in collective bargaining, grievance arbitrations, and NLRB proceedings. Clients trust him to develop and implement their overall labor strategy. His love of labor law dates back to clerking for the NLRB Division of Judges in New York City.
Lyle is active in myriad industries, most notably in retail, luxury fashion, media and entertainment, education and other nonprofit organizations. Lyle is rated a “recognized practitioner” by Chambers, and Legal 500 recommends him in the Labor-Management Relations category.
Customized employee training
Admitted to Practice
New York, 1996
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997
U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1997
U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2000
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1996
- Fordham Urban Law Journal
- Fordham Moot Court Board
B.A., Lafayette College, 1993
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Labor & Employment (New York), 2020-2021; Named a "Recognised Practitioner" in Labor & Employment (New York), 2016-2019
- Selected to "New York Super Lawyers," 2012-2021; "New York Rising Stars," 2011; Thomson Reuters
- Named to "The Legal 500 U.S. Edition," for Labor and Employment-Labor-Management Relations
- Shareholder, Vedder Price, New York, N.Y., 2009-2014
- Partner, Kauff, McClain & McGuire, New York, N.Y., 2004-2009
- Associate General Counsel, St. John’s University, New York, N.Y., 2003-2004
- Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, New York, N.Y., 2002-2003
- Associate, Kauff, McClain & McGuire, New York, N.Y., 1998-2002
- Associate, Proskauer Rose, New York, N.Y., 1996-1998
- Law Clerk, National Labor Relations Board Division of Judges, New York, N.Y., 1996