Contact: Gail Reysa, 213.633.6890 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FEBRUARY 26, 2013 – Davis Wright Tremaine LLP's annual Health Care Regulatory and Compliance Update, taking place in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday, March 7, will offer detailed sessions on a host of current issues critical to hospitals. The complimentary seminar has already drawn over 150 registrants.
"We have been presenting this seminar for over fifteen years now and interest has never been stronger," said Dennis Diaz, a partner in Davis Wright's nationwide health law practice and resident in the firm's Los Angeles office. "Today’s continually shifting health care landscape makes it more important than ever that hospital executives and their staffs receive reliable updates and clear perspective, and our leading team of health care attorneys are honored to provide it."
The seminar will provide recommended action steps and best practices, and will include topics such as:
- A review of health care litigation during 2012;
- Lessons learned regarding Accountable Care Organizations;
- The ins and outs of internal compliance investigations;
- An update on federal and state audit programs;
- An update on changes in the Stark regulations;
- An examination of hospital/physician transactions; and
- An analysis of the long-awaited final HIPAA "Omnibus" Rule.
In addition to Diaz, DWT attorneys participating in the seminar include:
- Jeff Coopersmith, a former federal prosecutor who co-leads the firm's white-collar criminal and government investigations practice;
- Kathy Drummy, a partner in the firm’s nationwide health law practice;
- Bob Homchick, a partner in the firm’s nationwide health law practice, and a board member of the American Health Lawyers Association;
- Adam Romney, an associate who formerly worked in the office of general counsel, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services;
- Doug Ross, chair of the firm’s litigation practice, and chair of the antitrust practice group of the American Health Lawyers Association;
- Robert Schuchard, a partner in the firm's nationwide health care practice, and former chair of the California State Bar’s committee on nonprofit and unincorporated organizations; and
- Becky Williams, co-chair of the firm’s health information practice.
Admission to the morning event is complimentary. Press inquiries should be directed to Gail Reysa at 213.633.6890 or email@example.com.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with approximately 500 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.