Contact: Mark Fefer, Marketing Communications, 206.757.8583 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FEBRUARY 2, 2015 – The privacy and security practice group at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP announces the launch of its 24/7 breach response team, reachable with a single phone call in the event of a suspected breach.
“Data breaches are now a global reality across every industry, and a swift, skilled response is absolutely essential to containing the damage,” said Christin McMeley, chair of the firm’s privacy and security practice. “We are very pleased to offer organizations access to our trusted and skilled advisors at any hour of the day or night.”
The response team’s 24/7 hotline is: 844-GoToDWT (844-468-6398).
From lost laptops to sophisticated network intrusions, Davis Wright regularly advises companies of all sizes on how to prepare for, respond to, and recover from information security incidents. The firm’s six regional breach response teams include experienced breach counselors who can help determine whether a security incident rises to the level of a breach under the various state and international laws.
“Every security incident has its own distinct characteristics,” said McMeley, “so we offer highly customized, yet cost-effective, service based on the organization’s size, location, industry, and scope.”
If a breach occurs, the team can help address whether consumer, regulatory or other notifications are required or recommended.
Among the many other services offered by the team are:
- Planning for incident response, including tabletop exercises
- Conducting proactive risk assessments
- Counseling on compliance with HIPAA and PCI DSS requirements
- Leading independent investigations and assessments of security incidents
- Counseling on and reviewing insurance coverage
- Assisting with the retention of forensic, security, public relations and other incident response vendors
- Coordinating with federal and state law enforcement
- Notifying regulators and providing follow-up communications
- Notifying consumers and assisting with remediation efforts
- Advising on legal requirements or advantages to providing identity theft protection services
- Defending litigation, including class actions and labor relations claims
- Defending of regulatory investigations and enforcement actions.
The firm can work seamlessly with internal business teams and coordinate with other external professionals, as needed.
For more information, and to meet the members of the team, visit www.dwt.com/incidentresponse.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with nine offices and approximately 500 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world.