Privacy & Security
Like most firms that work in this space, we help companies design, implement, and strengthen privacy and data security programs; respond to potential data security incidents; and handle government investigations and litigation. What makes us different is how we help you achieve success.
We help business leaders and in-house counsel do the following:
- Obtain practical, cost-effective advice;
- Know what obligations they face and how to comply with the minimum impact to their business; and
- Reduce risk and respond to a potential data security incident.
Customized Solutions with an Eye on the Bottom Line
With a team that includes former corporate privacy officers and in-house counsel, we understand the demanding time and budget constraints you face. We make your job easier by providing solutions that are clear, business-focused, actionable, and tailored to the needs of your company, whether you’re a global corporation or an emerging enterprise.
We design every project with a focus on both legal requirements and your budget. We can work together to develop a fixed-fee or other alternative fee arrangement that best fits your needs.
Industry Focus and Insider Insight
To advise on how to protect your business, we have to know your business. We have market-leading practices related to, and deep experience designing solutions for, communications, media, and technology companies; hospitals and other healthcare organizations; and financial institutions, among others.
In addition to attorneys with corporate experience, our team includes former government attorneys who can provide inside insight regarding regulations and legislation they helped draft, how agencies are likely to apply those regulations, how Congress may act on a particular issue, and how best to respond to requests from prosecutors. We also have technologists, class action litigators, and attorneys who focus their practices on complex regulations such as HIPAA and international privacy rules (GDPR and ePrivacy).
Risk (and Stress) Management
Privacy- and security-related incidents can create extreme stress for in-house counsel and business leaders. We help head those off by emphasizing proactive compliance review and breach planning exercises, but if an incident does occur, we:
- Respond quickly. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—contact us at 844-GoToDWT (844-468-6398) to speak with a trained incident responder.
- Leverage our network of trusted service providers. We can connect you with technology, forensic, or other subject matter experts who can provide timely assistance and manage communications so that they are covered under attorney-client privilege.
- Think about the big picture. We will work with you to think about all of the potential short- and long-term impacts to your business and how best to address them.
How Can We Help?
Click the links below to learn more about how we can help.