Contact: Neda Riskin, 212.603.6484 or firstname.lastname@example.org
JAN. 21, 2020 – Twelve game-changing and industry-disrupting women founders have been selected to participate in the 2020 Women Entrepreneurs Boot Camp (WEB) in Seattle.
WEB is the signature program of Davis Wright Tremaine's Project W, which helps women build great companies and advance their careers. After four successful years in New York, Project W is bringing WEB to Seattle in collaboration with the technologists, investors, and C-level executives in the region who are committed to supporting the next generation of tech companies led by women.
The outstanding group of founders will spend February 10 at Davis Wright Tremaine's offices, conferring with VCs, business executives, and other experts, and gaining the insight, feedback, and skill-building they'll need to get from seed to Series A.
More than 75 companies, from 15 industries and 18 cities, have already participated in WEB programs in New York. The members of the first Seattle cohort are:
- Yoly Alvos, Bquate - Los Angeles
A full-service powerhouse all-in-one premium music platform that helps established artists, managers, songwriters, labels and publishers have control of their music, data and revenue streams.
- Bec Chapin, NODE - Seattle
Sustainable and eco-friendly turnkey homes for the masses that are easy to assemble and affordably priced.
- Carol Dickerson, RareChannels - St. Louis
An unaffiliated resource of capabilities, experts and solution partners in rare disease that enables rare disease asset owners to find the exact specialist for all their needs, from discovery to commercialization.
- Christie Lagally, Rebellyous Foods - Seattle
A food manufacturing technology and production company that utilizes more efficient production equipment to catapult meat-alternative production to price parity with factory-farmed animal-based meat.
- Laura Malcolm, Give InKind - Tacoma, Wash.
A support aggregator platform that includes monetary gifts, meals, wish-list items and more for a variety of life disruptions.
- Adina Mangubat, Spiral Genetics - Seattle
Software that compares large populations of whole human genomes to power novel discoveries that lead to new diagnostics and drug discovery.
- Martha Montoya, AgTools - Irvine, Calif.
A food supply SaaS platform offering real-time data to farmers, buyers, and other players in the food supply chain that aims to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
- Lada Rasochova, Dermala - Del Mar, Calif.
Combining the human microbiome science with dermatology and digital health technologies to develop novel and personalized consumer products for acne, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- Rathna Sharad, FlavorCloud - Seattle
A cross border SaaS service that enables DTC brands, retailers and marketplaces to offer their consumers easy and hassle-free international shipping and returns
- Susan Sierota, Waggit - Boulder, Colo.
A smart wearable collar and mobile app designed to improve the life of pets by providing health insights for pet owners and detecting health conditions early.
- Swatee Surve, Litesprite - Seattle
An innovative tech-enabled mental health platform that engages patients through video games and other tools to address gaps across the healthcare ecosystem.
- Sarah Tamilarasan, SOTA OG - Houston
An enterprise software provider utilizing data, analytics and cloud-based edge computing to improve efficiency and productivity for companies in the oil and gas industry.
Participants in the WEB 2020 program in Seattle will:
- Learn how to refine their go-to-market strategy, optimize their distribution channels, and build strategic partnerships.
- Hear from an accomplished founder and Series A investor about their shared journey in the fundraising process and beyond.
- Get insights into how Series A investors evaluate a potential investment and the metrics that are key to demonstrating high growth potential.
- Learn how to make the transition from Founder to CEO.
- Have the opportunity to present their business model to Series A investors and get real-time feedback.
More information about WEB 2020 and the Seattle cohort can be found here.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with more than 550 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. WEB is a program of Davis Wright Tremaine's Project W, a multifaceted firmwide initiative that seeks to provide women entrepreneurs the tools, connections, and expertise necessary to build successful businesses. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.