Contact: Neda Riskin, Project W Program Manager, 212.603.6484 or NedaRiskin@dwt.com
AUGUST 10, 2020 – Project W, an initiative of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP that aims to close the gender-based funding gap for early-stage companies, is accepting applications for its 2020 Women Entrepreneurs Boot Camp (WEB). Now in its fifth year, WEB provides a select group of diverse women founders with the essential tools, resources, and connections they need to get from seed to Series A.
This year's all-virtual WEB will serve participants on three industry tracks: fintech, cybersecurity/data management, and plant-based protein. Participants in the two-day boot camp will interact with an accomplished faculty of industry experts, VCs, and business executives, who will help them position their companies for the unique challenges and opportunities of today's economy and achieve that next round of capital.
"WEB has a demonstrated track record of moving the needle for women entrepreneurs," said Lynn Loacker, New York partner-in-charge for Davis Wright Tremaine and the head of Project W. "The three industry verticals we are supporting this year are all on a high-growth track and talented women founders are leading the way with innovations in these sectors. We are excited to help these leaders get the support they need to bring their innovations to market."
Participants selected for this year's WEB cohort will:
- Hear from industry experts about marketing, operations, and strategies to grow their business.
- Present their company to investors in their sector for feedback on their business model and go-to-market strategy, and insight into key metrics investors consider when making an investment decision.
- Learn how to identify and disrupt implicit bias in the VC pitch process in a master class conducted by Dr. Dana Kanze of London Business School.
- Get to know the other remarkable female founders in their cohort.
- Participate in a virtual demo day attended by Project W's national network of investors, advisors, and business and professional executives.
Project W's partners for WEB include the UK's Department for International Trade, Female Founders Alliance, M12 - Microsoft's Venture Fund, SelectUSA, and Women@Austin.
Applications for the October boot camp are being accepted. The deadline to apply is September 4. More information about WEB 2020 can be found here.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with more than 550 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. The firm is widely recognized for its commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, visit www.dwt.com. For more information about Project W, visit www.dwt.com/projectw.