JULY 1, 2022 – Davis Wright Tremaine LLP has completed its combination with McGonigle P.C., establishing a leading, full-service, financial services practice team encompassing more than 70 attorneys across a half-dozen offices.
"To go from partnership vote to close in just three weeks is reflective of the extraordinary strategic fit of our combined platforms," said Bradford Hardin, co-chair of Davis Wright Tremaine's financial services group. "We're thrilled to get started bringing our clients the benefits of this team's deep and integrated expertise.”
The combined financial services team brings a strong record of excellence, which has been widely noted by the country's leading lawyer directories. Recent recognition includes being named:
- One of the top 6 firms in Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer - Compliance & Enforcement (Chambers);
- One of the top 13 firms in Financial Services Regulation: Banking - Compliance (Chambers);
- One of the top 50 firms in fintech (Chambers);
- 2021 and 2022 "Law Firm of the Year" in Securities Regulation – U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- One of the top 30 firms for Financial Services Regulation – Legal 500.
"From consumer and bank regulatory work to commodities and derivatives to digital assets and blockchain, we look forward to handling our clients' most consequential financial services matters," said practice co-chair Elizabeth Lan Davis. "This team is characterized by exceptional responsiveness and enthusiasm, practical solutions, and deep industry insight and I’m tremendously excited about the future we have together."
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with approximately 600 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. The firm has been widely recognized for its DEI leadership and was recently honored with Citi's 2022 Law Firm Diversity Champion Award.