This presentation covers basic issues under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act privacy rule for non-financial services entities.
- Definitions of "consumer report," "consumer reporting agency," and major exceptions
- "Permissible purposes" to obtain consumer reports
- Selected duties of "users" and "furnishers" of consumer reports
- Is your company covered by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act privacy rule?
- The contours of non-public personal information
- The model privacy notice safe harbor
- Exceptions to notice and opt-out
Click here to view the full presentation.