The Privacy Oracle consolidates significant U.S. legislative and regulatory developments at the state and federal level into a single publication. In this month’s issue, we offer:
- An analysis of bills introduced in the 116th Congress that seek to regulate consumer privacy
- A review of amendments to the CCPA that have recently advanced out of committee in the California legislature
- Insight into the failure of the Washington Privacy Act and an update on amendments to Washington’s Data Breach Notification Law
- A high-level roundup of draft state consumer privacy legislations
- An overview of litigation risk associated with the private right of action for data breach in the CCPA
- Practical tips on updating contracts to designate external parties as service providers under the CCPA
- Nancy Libin, Partner, Washington, D.C.
email@example.com // 202.973.4218
- Rachel Marmor, Counsel, New York, N.Y.
firstname.lastname@example.org // 212.603.6401