The Privacy Oracle consolidates significant U.S. legislative and regulatory developments at the state and federal level into a single publication. In this month’s issue, we offer:
- A deep-dive into the proposed Washington Privacy Act, the comprehensive consumer privacy legislation currently being contemplated by Washington state legislators.
- Some interesting privacy issues lurk in a recently floated proposal to limit online platforms' protection from liability for third-party content under Section 230 of the Communications Act.
- A look at the eight new draft consumer privacy bills introduced in states across the country in February.
- Federal standing requirements push a case under the Illinois Biometric Information Protection Act back to state court.
- The Practitioners' Corner examines how businesses can navigate uncertainty surrounding third-party cookies under the CCPA and in an increasingly pro-consumer privacy environment.
Meet Us At
Mar. 4-29th - National HIPAA Summit
Adam Greene and Lyra Correa will be presenting HIPAA Privacy Basics and Nagging HIPAA Issues that just Don't go Away. Among other topics, the summit will discuss the challenges that healthcare and tech companies face applying decades-old privacy laws to projects advancing artificial intelligence in the industry.
More information can be found here: 29th National HIPAA Summit
Mar. 26th - Health Care of the Future
Adam Greene will be speaking at the Puget Sound Business Journal's Health Care of the Future: What's Next in Data, Privacy, and Security. The panel will take a dive deep into how companies are protecting patients while utilizing new technology and big data to save lives.
More information can be found here: Puget Sound: Health Care of the Future
Mar. 29th - Privacy Officer Roundtable at HCCA
Adam Greene will be moderating the Privacy Officer Roundtable at the Health Care Compliance Association's Annual Meeting. The roundtable will feature an interactive discussion of the most challenging privacy issues facing industry peers.
More information can be found here: HCCA: 24th Annual Compliance Institute
Nancy Libin, Partner, Washington, D.C.
email@example.com // 202.973.4218
Rachel Marmor, Counsel, New York, N.Y.
firstname.lastname@example.org // 212.603.6401
Christopher Savage, Partner, Washington, D.C.
email@example.com // 202.973.4211