Making regulation work for your business
Technology and business models change fast, faster than the regulations that may govern them. We help your legal, regulatory, and government affairs teams be more strategic, efficient, and valuable to your business stakeholders by reducing the friction caused by regulations that were often written for a completely different era. Better yet, we can help you capitalize on the business opportunities that often accompany regulatory changes.
Proactive problem solving
We bring more than experience to the table. We anticipate regulatory issues before they become problems because we’ve seen how the regulatory discourse plays out over the course of many decades and many industry and technology changes. Our collective experience working with legacy communications providers (cable, wireless, telephone, and broadband) and emerging players (such as technology companies and drone operators) means we anticipate changes in law and regulation and provide valuable insight into how to both influence and navigate those changes.
How we can help
Communications providers can fall under the jurisdiction of international, federal, state, and/or local government regulators—and their actions can be in conflict with each other or create needless barriers to companies’ progress. No matter your experience with the multi-tiered world of communication regulation, we can help with your day-to-day regulatory needs, complex transactions, launch of novel products, and regulatory disputes.
- Comprehensive representation before the FCC, FTC, executive branch, Congress, and other independent agencies
- Regulatory approvals essential to operations and transactions
- Advocacy in rulemaking proceedings and policy matters
- License acquisition and transfer
- Compliance with technical and operating rules
- Complaint and enforcement proceedings
- Litigation in all courts
- Entry and exit, certification and tariffs
- Interconnection agreements and arbitratios
- Consumer protection and service quality complaints and rulemakings
- Regulatory fees and surcharges
- Right-of-way access and pole attachment proceedings
- Enforcement, audits and complaint proceedings
- Universal service proceedings, including obtaining ETC status
- Numbering compliance and acquisition
- VoIP issues
- Municipal franchises and taxes