In this webinar, Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys Bob Blackstone and Thomas Burke discuss what every employer should know about social networking sites. Bob is a partner in the firm's employment law practice, and Thomas is a partner in the firm's Internet and media practices.
Topics and questions explored:
- Social media mechanics: How does social media work and what are employees doing on these sites?
- Employer liabilities: What new types of legal risks are created by employees using social media? How can employers protect themselves?
- Expectations of privacy: Do employers who blog or use social media in the workplace still enjoy a right to privacy? What can employers lawfully do to monitor or control online activities?
- Social media policies: What are the options and what should it contain? Is it necessary for your company to have a written policy?
- Managing defamation: If you or your company is defamed online, what can you do? What should you do?