IP Summit: Exploring Careers in Intellectual Property
The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association hosted a panel discussion which included Davis Wright Tremaine attorney Cindy Caditz and five additional intellectual property professionals with areas of expertise covering the three main branches of IP—patents, trademarks, and copyrights. In a moderated discussion, panel members gave advice to law students and junior attorneys that may be interested in IP in a high-tech environment on a variety of issues such as building up knowledge in IP, getting one’s foot in the door as an IP professional, pursuing a career as an in-house IP counsel, exploring alternatives to practicing in a law firm environment, and understanding what makes one candidate more appealing than another.
- Margaret Au, Senior Trademark Paralegal, Microsoft
- Michele Wong, Attorney, Xbox LIVE - Software & Studios, Microsoft
Program Chair & Moderator:
- Duane E. Okamoto, Senior Attorney, Servers & Tools, Microsoft
- Cindy L. Caditz, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- William C. Hwang, Senior Attorney, Intellectual Property, Microsoft
- Rudy Y. Kim, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Linda Liu Kordziel, Principal, Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Jennifer Y. Liu, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC