"Performance Reviews: Eliminate an Expired Idea and Successfully Implement an Active Feedback Program," Davis Wright Tremaine, Anchorage, Alaska
This two-part seminar featured Davis Wright Tremaine employment and labor law attorneys.
Performance Reviews: Reasons to Eliminate Them
The idea of getting rid of performance reviews is gaining traction. Most managers and HR professionals relish the idea of shedding this dreaded annual ritual, but worry about how to introduce the change, and wonder about how to manage employee performance and management decision-making without it. In this seminar, we explored the post-review workplace, and how to get from here to there. Topics covered included:
- Legal reasons for eliminating vs. maintaining performance reviews
- Proven alternatives to performance reviews
- Business considerations and opportunities when eliminating reviews
Presented by Judy Keyes, San Francisco office.
How to Successfully Implement an Active Feedback Program
Your company is contemplating eliminating annual employee reviews: now what? How do you start the process? To take the next steps, we walked through:
- Transitioning from an annual performance review system to an active feedback program
- Training and motivating managers to provide real time employee feedback
- Documenting and storing performance communications
- Setting compensation in the absence of an annual review process
Presented by Liz Hodes and Jim Juliussen, Anchorage office.